Leaving the European Union Politik und Regierungen

Possible or impossible?

It depends, but generally impossible and stupid

It depends, but generally impossible and stupid

Tell me the pros and cons of the European Union

Ps: Did you know that Great Britain/UK left the EU?

Bearbeitet von Hummingbirdfan95 .

I like a strong and unified European Union. However, I don't like the actual construct with the name European Union

I think the European Union is useless. Without it everything would be fine

I think that this is a really tricky question to answer.
Yes, EU is a mess from the start (ex.: without any imposed unique language to members, how do you think that unity would come ?).
EU was at the image of EU... Conditions with a lots of exception... Wanting to impose rules to members, but without any real conviction and almost always letting the members decide foe their own...
So yes, this is a shit... But with some seeds inside that is useful sometimes... Ex. Facing the financial crisis was "easier" together, discussion with USA, China and Russia are more balanced (I mean in the power balance) together, etc..
So the balance pro-/con- does not really tend to one or another...
The solution would be to restart EU inside it... As it is actually made with BENELUX and other small collectives inside EU...

But to answer to your question... Leaving the EU by now would be a totally stupid and suicidal decision... Choosing all the disavantages of the situation and leaving all its advantages...

But the main problem in EU isn't EU, it is a way older problem... But this is another discussion..

PS: sorry for the mistakes, I was writing this message on my phone.

The original thought of the EU are a great thing. But the politicians only think about money... So you can destroy the basic idea and make people angry

The basis of the EU is money...
Check your history book where it is talked about coal, economy, etc..
So if politicians are only thinking about money, it is not a problem... They just have to do it right.

I think that the European Union can cause many problems and although it surely has it's pros, this bound can lead countries into debts and I am not really a fan of that. I'm from Switzerland and we are also kind of split into cantons and I feel like it's very similar, since the cantons are held back, but the union isn't really there. But I don't live in the EU, so I don't really know what it's like.

I hope that my country leaves the Eu as Uk did.

My country would be better off without the Eu.

Believe it or not

The basis of the EU is money...
Check your history book where it is talked about coal, economy, etc..
So if politicians are only thinking about money, it is not a problem... They just have to do it right.

Sure, if they would think about money for people, not about money for their own pockets xD For themselves, they for sure are doing it right.

I hope that my country leaves the Eu as Uk did.

My country would be better off without the Eu.

Believe it or not

I believe and understand. As far as I know, You have order and good quality of life in Your country.
But because of union, Your country may be losing sovereignty with the time. In various ways, of course, because not everything is so obvious. So we will see the times when another countries will decide about situation in Finlandia, for example, while Finlandia citizents will be against these changes xD its absurd.

Some countries are like... Too much addicted to UE. Especially poor countries, with less money and with smaller economy. It's easy to make pressure on them. Even in Poland people are like: "what?! But without union we will have no money!" so... You can see the mentality of people.

Bearbeitet von Oxiu .

Possible or impossible?
Mandatory.
The EU is bloodsucking everyone of us at the exception of Germany, Luxembourg and Netherlands eventually. The currency we've gotten only gives advantage to few countries while destroying the others, especially the southern members of EU, the Parliaments is mostly useless and rotten with lobbies, the very organization of the EU is extremely blurry -and for people who love democracy, I honestly don't understand how they can support an everything but democratic system, the propaganda is blatant when you hear EU and all the promises such as saving us from peace or making us strongers appeared to have been at most failures, and worse huge lies...

Some countries are like... Too much addicted to UE. Especially poor countries, with less money and with smaller economy. It's easy to make pressure on them. Even in Poland people are like: "what?! But without union we will have no money!" so... You can see the mentality of people.
I'd argue that Poland gets some benefits from the EU. It sure is fucked up because you receive money for useless stuff or with retarded demands in exchange of this money, but still Poland has some benefits in the story. On the other hand, your country doesn't really work hand in hand with the other members and don't even try to help back when there is an opportunity (I remmeber your country prefered to buy American rather than French and it was upsetting people here). Typically, it shows how EU is more of a battlefield between our countries, in whichh everyone tries to grab the most it can, than an union...

I'd argue that Poland gets some benefits from the EU. It sure is fucked up because you receive money for useless stuff or with retarded demands in exchange of this money, but still Poland has some benefits in the story. On the other hand, your country doesn't really work hand in hand with the other members and don't even try to help back when there is an opportunity (I remmeber your country prefered to buy American rather than French and it was upsetting people here). Typically, it shows how EU is more of a battlefield between our countries, in whichh everyone tries to grab the most it can, than an union...

Of course one side of it is, that first, if You want to leave UE, You need responsible and good managing government. We don't have it from many, many years. Decision about helicopters was okay in my opinion. Ugh, but I see decision about american stuff also stupid. You know why? Previous government was lobbed by union, when our current is lobbed by US. So it was matter of: "Who should get our money?".

Thats the thing, money case isn't so obvious, because we should to talk also about things like: how many outside companies came to us with advantage, how rights in UE are regulated, who is favorized...

About working hand in hand: well, we work when we shouldnt, and we dont work when we should. Im not going to apologize for my government because its just a shame for me, I would like to see them in prison.

Ps. And sure, I don't negate benefits we are getting from UE. But I believe all we should get benefits, no matter if all we agree about something or not. Because if so, then its nothing more than just buying someone. And of course another countries always benefit if someone new joining to the union. So its works for both sides somehow. Not in the same level of course.

Bearbeitet von Oxiu .

Yes, i hope so much, that Germany will leave the Union soon as posibile!

Thats the thing, money case isn't so obvious, because we should to talk also about things like: how many outside companies came to us with advantage, how rights in UE are regulated, who is favorized...
Sure, some multinationals are getting huge benefits from this. Carrefour for instance is just ruining some companies out there after ruining small companies in France to send crap to everybody, and it's mostly companies like Carrefour that are favorized in EU, rather than the different people living here because we all get fucked at some point in the end, Germans included (at least if they're still in EU when everything will fall apart because their target balance is pretty funny to see : http://www.eurocrisismonitor.com/img/Target2%20graph%20-%20%20ecb%20data%20-%20large.jpg )

Europe was conceived as a political union safeguarding peace and democracy in the continent. This idea started from some antifascist intellectuals while prisoner during fascist rules and the WWII.

But the realisation started with three treatries about economy.

And a prosperous economy is good also for better political stability.

Unfortunately business interests have jeopardised the political issues and the European Commission has been run by civil servants trained at schools that do not get on well with the European social vision.

We have let countries becoming members of the European Union while ruled by governments very far from the European principles (which are both after democracy tradition and written in declarations).

For these reasons why, Europe got weaker and far from the interest a large part of the people.

It is not matter to discuss if steering the Union on another route is possible. It is simply necessary.

Some could exit and decide if come back in when the political construction will be strong.

Staying a foot inside the other out as UK did is a danger for everybody also out of the continent.

It is a shame of Britons abandoning the ship after having one of main roles in sinking it.

Briefly, exiting from the European Union is not honouring a committment and an actual aggression because weaken the common construction.

For similar reasons a bloody civil war burst in USA.

A general vague provision about the event of exit does not mean that this is normal and fair action but only means the will of avoiding war.